FGBS-001 Universal Binary Sensor
FIBARO Universal Binary Sensor FGBS-001
The Universal Binary Sensor is a unique wireless module for enhancing the functionality of any existing binary output system. The sensor enables such devices to communicate wirelessly with the FIBARO smart home system.
The module also functions as a wireless temperature sensor system when connected to the DS18B20 temperature sensors. Each module can service up to two binary sensors and four DS18B20 temperature sensors. The Sensor was designed for installation inside the housing of another device whose functionality is to be enhanced (e.g. an alarm PIR sensor).
The Universal Binary Sensor is ideally suited for the wireless collection of data from other sensors. Once the appropriate additional safety housing has been installed, the sensor can be used in areas with high humidity and temperature.
The sensor is often used for integrating the FIBARO system with existing alarm and measurement systems. It sits in line and is completely transparent to the instrumented system thus allowing it to function normally as before.
- Controlled with FIBARO system devices or any Z-Wave controller
- Compatible with regular and parametric alarm lines (can be connected to 2 alarm detectors)
- Compatible with binary sensors (can be connected to 2 binary outputs)
- Compatible with DS18B20 temperature sensors (can be connected to four DS18B20 temperature sensors)
- Supply voltage: 9-30v DC ±10%
- Input: 2 potential-free inputs, 1 digital input 1-wire
- Output: 2 potential-free outputs
- The maximum current carrying capacity of outputs: 150mA
- Maximum voltage at output contacts: 36v DC / 24v AC ±5%
- Operating temperature: 0 - 40°C
- Number of servicing temperature sensors: 4
- Measurement range: -55 °C - +126°C
- Radio protocol: Z-Wave
- Radiofrequency: 868.4 MHz EU
- Range: up to 30 m in buildings (depending on the construction materials) up to 50 m in the field
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 14.5 x 27.3 x 12 mm